During 2017 I made it my quest to write a list of 277 things I wanted to accomplish.
Of course that’s an absurd amount, and the tasks detailed on that list weren’t exactly designed to be completed in tandem. It was more designed so I could just look at the list one boring day and decide “Okay-I’ll try that!”, and to an extent, it worked wonderfully!
It was inspirational and fun, but I still felt pressured to do so much more. I had alot of fun moments last year, if you’d like to see, but I had planned and prepared so much more, which just failed, leaving me either out of money or just stressed.
But I can learn from that, and this year, I vow to just have a pool of ideas I can pick from, but nothing quite as silly as “watch the top 250 films off of IMDB” AND all of Disney’s library AND Spielberg’s library, and so forth. While I am still trying my darnedest to get through as many films as possible this year.
First, here’s a list of things that I WILL get done, or are already set in motion:
- Move out of my hometown; Norwich
- Successfully build a career in writing, or something equally creative
- Learn to drive (finally)
- Visit Amsterdam for the first time! (Going in late January, despite the whole-funds situation!)
- Finally finish my book.
- Go to Comic Con in London
Next up are goals I would like to accomplish, mostly smaller things than mentioned above. Some are kind of silly and fun, some are things I have always wanted to do.
- Try out a minimum of fifty new recipes throughout the year
- Visit twenty new restaurants
- Visit New York
- Ride a Hot Air Baloon
- Learn Spanish
- Visit 5 cities in England I’ve never been to before
- Visit Scotland/Wales/Ireland
- Ride a boat in the summer
- Hike Snowdonia
- Go to a festival
- Go to a darts match (Darts is the only sport I enjoy watching. Is that weird?)
- Make a short film
- Finish my comic book
- Go wine tasting
- Be part of a TV audience
- Buy some art
- Go to a zoo I’ve never been to before
- Visit Paris
- Go to a wrestling match
- Tie-Dye a shirt
- Go to an art exhibition
- Go to a minimum of five gig’s (Pub bands don’t count)
- Go to Thorpe Park (Or Alton Towers)
I’m sure I will add a few in the next few days, but after that, it’s action time! Why not check in here next year to see if I actually completed any? If I do, I will make a post about it, and hopefully you’ll read it.
I hope that 2018 is great for you, I know I’m going to run full steam ahead at it until one of us gets out the way, so maybe that’ll be great.